Thursday 20 February 2014

Odin and Thor x2 in ceramics


I'm lucky to have access to a ceramic studio in my school, and I take great advantage of that.
My latest project is this - small statues of some of the Asa gods. A friend of mine that started this idea by asking if I could try to make something like it for her, and ofc I tried!
So far I've only made Odin, with his one eye, his spear, golden arm ring and his two ravens Hugin and Munin (on each side, hard to see in this picture) and Thor, with his hammer Mjölnir.
The plan is to make a whole set of all the gods and goddesses of the Nordic mythology (oh, well, most of them anyway).

I carved out the shapes from a cylinder of clay, inspired by old wooden pieces, and I really like that technique. It is like carving in wood, but more forgiving and easily fixed if I mess something up ;)

//Trollis

1 comment: